Do I have to be Catholic to attend ACU?

No. Australian Catholic University is a public university, funded by the Australian government and open to everyone, regardless of your beliefs or background.

Back to top

What prerequisites do I need for postgraduate study at ACU?

To be eligible for entry into a postgraduate course you must normally have completed an appropriate degree or other qualification within the past 10 years. Visit courses for information relevant to specific course entry requirements.

Visit Rule 6 of the Admission Rules for more information.

Back to top

Where can I get more information about ACU postgraduate courses?

We will be glad to meet with you and discuss your study options. email with your details and we'll be in touch.

International students are also invited to contact the International Education Office.

Back to top

How do I apply for a postgraduate course at ACU?

All postgraduate courses offered at ACU are by direct entry. To apply, browse courses or research degrees, follow the links to your course of interest, then follow the prompts under 'Applying for Admission'.

Applications for domestic applicants will open online 6 September. International students are welcome to apply at anytime using our online application system.

Back to top

Can I apply for a new course if I have not yet completed my current degree?

Yes, you can apply for a new course before you have completed your current degree. However, you are not normally allowed to be enrolled in two courses at the same time.

You can apply for entry into a postgraduate course before you have completed your undergraduate degree. If you receive an offer of admission, it will be conditional on you successfully completing your undergraduate studies.

Visit Rule 13 of the Admission Rules for more information.

Back to top

How do I check the progress of my application?

Online applications 

If you applied online, you can check the progress of your application by logging in to Student Connect. You will need to use the same Login ID and PIN you created when you first applied. If you have forgotten either of these, contact a Student Centre.

Locate your application and click on it to view its current status.

Hardcopy Applications

If you applied via hardcopy, you should contact a Student Centre.

International students

If you submitted an application online, you can check the status of your application by logging into the online application system.

Id you submitted a paper application, you can contact the International Education Office to find out the status of your application.

Back to top

How do I accept my offer?

You will be notified of the outcome of your application by mail. When you receive the offer, you are required to accept it by enrolling in units via Student Connect as instructed in the offer letter.

Visit Rule 11 of the Admission Rules for more information.


Once you have received your "Letter of Offer" you need to sign and return to ACU, your "Offer Acceptance and Payment Advice" along with your tuition fees. Please visit Accepting Your Offer for more information.

Back to top

What support services are offered at ACU?

ACU's Office of Student Success provides services in academic skills, career development, counseling, campus life and equity and disability. It also includes the ACU National Student Association, which incorporates the Postgraduate Student Association. Visit the Office of Student Success to learn more.

ACU also provides a number of support services for international students. Visit Services for international students to learn more.

Back to top

How does it work if my employer is paying my university fees?

Australian Catholic University (ACU) will invoice you, as the student, and it is your responsibility to ensure that fees are paid by the due date

You will need to confirm with your employer how they wish to pay your fees. This may involve you requesting a hard copy of your invoice to provide to your employer for payment, or your employer might reimburse you after you pay the fees yourself.

Back to top

Didn't find what you're looking for?

Domestic students: Contact 1300 ASK ACU or

International students: Contact the International Education Office.